Cand.med., cand.scient. eller lignende søges til et fuldt finansieret Ph.D.-projekt på Institut for Biomedicin med start 1. maj 2020
Ansøgningsfrist: 3. februar 2020, kl. 23.59
The Graduate School of Health, Aarhus University is looking for a talented, ambitious and highly motivated candidate for the three-year fully financed PhD project.
Baggrund og formål
Lithium salts are widely used drugs for patients with bipolar disorders. Lithium impairs urine concentration and part of the patients develop Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus (NDI) with polyuria and polydipsia. Lithium-NDI is associated with changes in the cellular composition of the kidney collecting duct.
This PhD project aims to examine if the toxic Li effect on the collecting duct triggers differentiation of pluripotent cells. This involves work with transgenic mice, 2-photon microscopy, and single cell sequencing. The PhD project also aims to examine whether the cellular remodeling seen in animals is reflected in urine of Li-NDI patients. This part of the project involves mass spectrometry analysis of urinary exosomes isolated from of Li-NDI patients and from healthy volunteers.
The project will be performed at the Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus.
Forudsætninger og kvalifikationer
To be considered for a PhD position, you must meet our requirements for enrolment:
- You must have a relevant higher education degree. Your educational level will be assessed to determine whether it comply with entry requirements. If you hold a degree other than a Danish Master’s degree, it can be advisable to get your degree assessed by the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education before you apply.
- You must master the English language corresponding to CEFR C1-level (comparable with an ‘English B level’ in the Danish upper secondary school (‘gymnasium’). We require a test result.
- Your qualifying degree should not be more than 5 years old. Please note, if you already have a PhD degree, your application will not be taken into consideration.
Also, you must fulfill the project-specific qualifications:
- The candidate must be MD, MSc or equivalent.
- The candidate will have to be able to work with animals.
If you do not meet the above requirements, we reserve the right to reject your application.
Ansøgning og kontakt
Associate Professor Birgitte Mønster Christensen
Application deadline is 3 February 2020 at 23:59 (CEST).
Selected candidates will be invited for a (video) interview. The successful candidate will receive an offer of enrolment and employment. Next, you must prepare a final 5-page project description in collaboration with your supervisors before enrolment can commence. Earliest enrolment date is 1 May 2020 and up until 12 months after you receive the enrolment offer.
Læs hele opslaget på Forskerskolens hjemmeside.
Alexander er medicinstuderende på 10. semester og har været forskningsaktiv på Hjerte-, Lunge-, Karkirurgisk afdeling, Aarhus Universitetshospital siden april 2016.
Han har været medlem af SMS siden 2017.